What information does IPCGCOP collect?
Normal web site usage
In general, you can browse the public IPCGCOP site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you download, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
Personally identifiable and contact information
If you register with the IPCGCOP site in order to gain access to closed contents including the discussion forum, you will be asked to provide personal identifying information such as your name, institutional affiliation and job title, and contact information such as e-mail address. We will also ask you to identify your areas of interest. This information will be collected only with your knowledge and permission, and will be stored securely in the IPCGCOP database and mailing lists. Your information will not be distributed for any purpose. You may choose to share your contact information with other IPCGCOP members.
Information provided during discussions
Information that you provide during discussions will be available to other members of the discussion group and to IPCGCOP administration. Most discussions will be available to any IPCGCOP member who lists the subject material as an interest. Some discussions may be restricted to specific groups as determined by the IPCGCOP Moderator or Discussion Group leader.
You will be responsible for your contributions to discussions, therefore:
- you must ensure that any material and information you post do not violate or infringe upon the copyright, patent, trademark or any other personal or proprietary rights of any party.If any content subject to such rights is considered for posting, you must first obtain all necessary permissions for posting from the owner of such rights;
- you should be careful with humour and the tone of your postings, remembering that IPCGCOP members come from different age groups and cultural backgrounds;
- no criticism against peoples, gender, race, religious beliefs, sexual preferences, countries or regions will be tolerated.
To maintain the quality and consistency of the contents in compliance with the IPCGCOP policy and the advisory group guidance, IPCGCOP moderator and Discussion Group leaders may remove or modify messages that do not respect the above mentioned rules. In the event that you find another member’s submission to be offensive, you may report this to the IPCGCOP moderator or discussion Group leader who will determine whether the material should be removed or modified.
In no event shall the IPCGCOP or the World Health Organization (WHO) as the IPCGCOP secretariat be responsible for the accuracy of information posted by you or other members on the IPCGCOP site or liable for any negative consequences arising from the participation in IPCGCOP or the use of the website contents.
What does IPCGCOP do with the information it collects?
Normal web site usage
The information gathered during general browsing of the IPCGCOP site will be used to analyse trends and usage of the IPCGCOP and to improve the usefulness of the site. It will not be connected with any personal information.
Personally identifiable information
IPCGCOP may use the personal information you provide to:
· Verify your affiliation and institutional approval for membership in IPCGCOP;
· Confirm your registration on the site;
· Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, invitations to meetings etc. to you;
· Notify you if a new discussion has been started in one of your selected areas of interest or if new information has been added to an existing discussion
· “Remember” your online profile and preferences;
· Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests;
· Help us create site content most relevant to you;
· With your permission, share your contact information with other IPCGCOP members who may wish to contact you.
What if I don’t want to provide personal information?
Providing personal information on the IPCGCOP site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the public IPCGCOP site, but you will not be able to log into the site for browsing the closed contents such as documents shared with IPCGCOP members, or joining in the discussion forum.
Opting out and changing your information
At any time, you may cancel your membership or modify your information by returning to the web page where you first provided the information and contacting the IPCGCOP moderator. If you change your institution/organisation affiliation, the IPCGCOP administrators should be notified by you or your institution/organisation.
All our IPCGCOP administrators who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of official business matters, including personal data.
The IPCGCOP site contains links to sites external to the IPCGCOP. IPCGCOP and WHO are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
Notification of changes